HOMEMADE MOSQUITO REPELLENT
Now, you may or may not have come across this recipe for Homemade Mosquito repellent. Perhaps you already have a few good recipes yourself, however, I thought this recipe looked pretty good and was worth sharing. None of these are my own recipes, these have been created by other people.
(WARNING! Please test these on a very small part of your skin before applying too much. Everyone has a different reaction to different products. If you get any irritation please stop immediately)
I have posted a few different recipes below so you can give them all ago to see which ones suit you.I am always on the lookout for healthy, safe, alternatives especially natural Mosquito/Insect control products.
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO REPELLENT (ALSO FOR ANTS & FLEAS)
(And free from chemicals that poison the body)
- 1/2 litre of alcohol ( I would maybe use a Triple distilled alcohol such as Vodka) This is OK on your skin. Refer to my post on a Guasha Scrub recipe using Vodka)
- 100 grams of whole cloves: You can Buy Organic Whole Cloves Here! (Amazon.Com)
- 100 ml of baby oil or similar (almond, sesame, chamomile, lavender, fennel etc) I would personally look for a good Organic cold pressed oil. I am not a big fan of baby Oil.
- Leave cloves to marinate in alcohol four days
- Stir every morning and evening
- After 4 days add the oil
- It’s now ready to use.
How to use:
- Gently rub a few drops into the skin of the arms and legs.
- Repels fleas on pets too.
- REMEMBER! Test on small area of skin first.
(There will be seperation of the alcohol and oils when left to sit for a while. You may need to give this a good shake before use everytime. )
Here is another great recipe for making Homemade Natural Mosquito repellent. A little different than the one above but still natural. Watch this video.
Here is another Natural Bug Repellent Recipe you may like to try out as well!